How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
Medical cannabis is legal in Missouri, but adult-use cannabis is not. In 2018, Missourians passed Amendment 2 for the medical use of marijuana in the state, and in late 2019/early 2020, the state began awarding licenses to dispensaries, labs, cultivators, and producers.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs a Missouri Facility Agent ID?:
“All owners who hold any portion of the economic or voting interest of a medical marijuana facility who will also have access to medical marijuana or the medical marijuana facility, and all officers, directors, board members, managers and employees must apply for a facility agent ID card…” Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services, Medical Marijuana Facility Agent ID
- Application information - name, address, Social Security number
- Fingerprint submission through the Missouri Highway Patrol’s MACHS portal
- Copy of written offer letter of employment from a Missouri licensed facility
- Government issued ID
- Digital photo that shows a clear color image of the applicant’s face
- $75 non-refundable fee
Facility Agent IDs are valid for three years once approved by the department.
- Background Check Requirements:
All employees of a licensed marijuana facility must undergo fingerprinting which will verify the applicant’s criminal history.
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All Missouri Jobs:
- View And Apply To All Missouri Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals