How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
Cannabis in Montana has been legal for both medical and adult use since January 1, 2021, when Initiative 190 went into effect. However, recreational dispensaries are not open yet -- the state expects to begin accepting license applications by January 2022.
Registered medical marijuana dispensaries are currently open to valid medical cannabis cardholders.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs a Montana Agent Badge?:
Anyone who works for a Medical Marijuana Program licensed business. Montana Medical Marijuana Program
- Apply for an Agent Badge online via Complia’s Industry Portal
- Photo of the employee applicant - must be a clear, color photo taken from the shoulders up within the last six months
- Submit fingerprints for background check (if working in a testing lab)
- Copy of government issued ID
- $10 non-refundable payment made online by credit/debit card or ACH; mail-in payments accepted as check or money order
- Background Check Requirements:
“If you have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor drug offense, your application will be denied.” Montana Medical Marijuana Program, Fingerprinting Requirements and Instructions
- Additional Links:
Latest JobsSearch All MT Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs