Cannabis Job Requirements for Montana
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely depending on where you live. We've curated a list of requirements to help clarify what you need to know to land cannabis jobs in each state.
- Adult Use:
Latest JobsSearch All MT Jobs
- Market Overview:
Cannabis in Montana has been legal for both medical and adult use since January 1, 2021, when Initiative 190 went into effect. Adult-use sales began Jan. 1, 2022.
- Requirements & Application Process:
A marijuana worker permit is required for any employee who performs work for or on behalf of a cannabis business or if the individual participates in any aspect of the cannabis business.
All previous badge holders (agents) for the medical program must have submitted fingerprints along with a consent form and have a completed background check by March 2022 in order to remain active.
Permits must be renewed annually.
- Photo of the employee applicant — must be a clear, color photo taken from the shoulders up taken within the last six months
- Sign a Consent to Fingerprint form, have fingerprints taken and pass a background check — this must be done every three years
- Copy of government issued ID
- Take two required education programs annually.
- $50 non-refundable payment made online by credit/debit card or ACH; mail-in payments accepted as check or money order
- Background Check Requirements:
Montana has among the strictest background requirements in the country.
Any “conviction, guilty plea, or plea of no contest to a criminal offense within three years of the application or renewal" can prevent you from getting a permit.
- Additional Links:
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs