How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
New Hampshire's "Therapeutic Cannabis Program" was established in 2013 and there are seven licensed alternative treatment centers (ATCs, or dispensaries) in the state.
New Hampshire decriminalized small amounts of cannabis in 2017. But when it comes to adult-use laws, New Hampshire "stands alone in New England as only state without legal marijuana."
- Requirements & Application Process:
Cannabis workers at New Hampshire Alternative Treatment Centers are called ATC Agents. Each ATC is responsible for creating and issuing identification badges for each of its agents.
This is what's required to become an ATC Agent:
- 21 years of age or older
- Undergo a criminal history background check
- The ATC hiring an agent must notify the department of its intent to hire or otherwise engage an agent
- Submit a set of electronic fingerprints
- Prospective ATC agents must submit directly to the department of safety:
- A notarized criminal history records release form, as provided by the New Hampshire division of state police, authorizing the release of his or her criminal history record, if any, to the department;
- A complete set of electronic fingerprints taken by a qualified law enforcement agency or an authorized employee of the department of safety; and
- Any associated fee.
- Background Check Requirements:
Any felony conviction can disqualify a prospective employee from becoming an ATC Agent.
Latest JobsSearch All NH Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs