How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
New Hampshire decriminalized cannabis in 2017 and currently has a medical market.
House Bill 237, which would legalize the use of marijuana, and House Bill 629, which would legalize use and allow home-growing, are both currently on hold. 237 was retained in committee in February 2021 and 629 was retained in committee in March 2021.
- Requirements & Application Process:
A card or license is not currently required to be an Alternative Treatment Center (ATC) Agent in New Hampshire. New Hampshire Therapeutic Cannabis Program, Alternative Treatment Centers
- 21 years of age or older
- Undergo a criminal history background check
- The ATC hiring an agent must notify the department of its intent to hire or otherwise engage an agent
- Submit a set of electronic fingerprints
- Background Check Requirements:
All Alternative Treatment Center Agents must complete a state and federal criminal history record check. State of New Hampshire, Department of Safety, Criminal Records Form for the Therapeutic Cannabis Program
- Additional Links:
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All New Hampshire Jobs:
- View And Apply To All New Hampshire Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals