How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Link to Application
- Market Overview:
Oklahoma currently has a medical cannabis market which they launched in 2018. Since then, the state has become the quickest in the nation to fully implement an effective medical cannabis law. As of 2021, Oklahoma has nearly 17,000 people employed in the regulated industry.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs a Transporter Agent License?:
“A transporter agent license allows individual employees/owners/agents to transport medical marijuana on behalf of a licensed transporter, including growers, processors, dispensaries and stand-alone transporters. If approved for your license, you will be issued a transporter agent identification for you to carry with you any time you are transporting medical marijuana.
It is important to note that transporter agents must meet the new two or five year residency requirements and that an employer can terminate an agent’s license at any time.” Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, Transporter Application Information
- Transporter Agents will need to work with the business employing them to submit the application as they MUST be submitted through an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) business account
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must supply a Transporter Agent Employment Verification Form signed by employer within 30 days of application
- Must supply proof of residency for the 2 years preceding the date of application or 5 continuous years out of the last 25 years preceding the date of application
- Must provide a background check
- Must provide an Affidavit of Lawful Presence
- Must supply a digital photo that meets OMMA requirements
- Background Check Requirements:
“Nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony convictions in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.” Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, Transporter Application Information
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All Oklahoma Jobs:
- View And Apply To All Oklahoma Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals