How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Market Overview:
Oklahoma currently has a medical cannabis market which they launched in 2018. Since then, the state has become the quickest in the nation to fully implement an effective medical cannabis law. As of 2021, Oklahoma has nearly 17,000 people employed in the regulated industry.
- Requirements & Application Process:
Who needs a Transporter Agent License?:
“A transporter agent license allows individual employees/owners/agents to transport medical marijuana on behalf of a licensed transporter, including growers, processors, dispensaries and stand-alone transporters. If approved for your license, you will be issued a transporter agent identification for you to carry with you any time you are transporting medical marijuana.
It is important to note that transporter agents must meet the new two or five year residency requirements and that an employer can terminate an agent’s license at any time.” Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, Transporter Application Information
- Transporter Agents will need to work with the business employing them to submit the application as they MUST be submitted through an Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority (OMMA) business account
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must supply a Transporter Agent Employment Verification Form signed by employer within 30 days of application
- Must supply proof of residency for the 2 years preceding the date of application or 5 continuous years out of the last 25 years preceding the date of application
- Must provide a background check
- Must provide an Affidavit of Lawful Presence
- Must supply a digital photo that meets OMMA requirements
- Background Check Requirements:
“Nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony convictions in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.” Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority, Transporter Application Information
Latest JobsSearch All OK Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs