How to Work In Cannabis
Requirements by State
Politics, budgets, and public support vary widely by state, which means each state’s requirements to work in the cannabis industry look completely different from one another.* This map and corresponding state information is not updated in real time. For up-to-the-minute information on requirements to work in cannabis, visit the governing body links provided on each state page.
How to get your cannabis license in:
- Adult Use:
- Link to Application
- Market Overview:
On July 1st, Virginia became the first southern state to legalize cannabis. As of right now, retail sales aren’t projected to begin until 2024. However, laws around personal possession and home-growing are already in effect.
- Requirements & Application Process:
As of right now, there is no information on getting to work within the legal cannabis market in Virginia. Those requirements are in the process of being built out. As they become available to the public, we will update this page.
- Background Check Requirements:
Background check requirements for Virginia are currently unavailable.
- Additional Links:
- Additional Job & Salary Information:
State Regulations Forum: Get your state regulations questions answered in our community forum.
- All Virginia Jobs:
- View And Apply To All Virginia Jobs
Join the community, grow your career
Sign up for a free Vangst account and get access to expert content and community to help you break in and stand out.
- Find top Cannabis jobs near you
- Learn the ins and outs of the industry
- Access our annual Cannabis Salary Guide
- Attend all live and virtual events hosted by seasoned recruiters
- Connect with thousands of other Cannabis professionals