Cannabis Licensing in West Virginia
- Adult Use:
- Cannabis Job Market Overview:
The medical cannabis market was legalized when the state's Legislature passed The Medical Cannabis Act in 2017, which was signed by Gov. Jim Justice.
There are currently more than 13,592 approved medical patients, 36 dispensaries, five processors, and nine cultivators operating across the state. No additional license applications are being accepted for retail, processing, or cultivating.
The medical cannabis industry is responsible for 332 direct jobs, and 1,884 ancillary positions, according to the state.
- Cannabis Job Requirements & Application Process:
Employees must be:
- 21 years or older
- Submit their fingerprints through IdentoGO for a West Virginia State Police and FBI background check
- Undergo training through one of three third-party providers
- Employer must submit a statement that each employee is of good moral character
- Cannabis Job Background Check Requirements:
- Additional Links:
Latest JobsSearch All WV Cannabis Jobs
Membership has its privileges. When you create your Vangst profile, you get direct access to the largest network of cannabis professionals.Make connections, forge relationships, and chart your course in the cannabis industry - it all starts here.Join The Network
Just getting started? We got you. Crossing over? We got you. Climbing the Cannabis ladder? We got you.Search jobs, follow companies, and set alerts for new postings so when it comes to landing your dream job, you never miss a beat.Search Jobs